There’s no one-size-fits-all way to celebrate the season; however, the instructions “Eat, Drink and Be Merry” might be the perfect recipe for a good holiday party and a “Holly Rancher” (someone who is celebrating the season in Ranch-inspired style). In anticipation of upcoming holidays at The Ranch, our culinary team has shared some recipes for winter comfort food. They believe that the key to a memorable celebration is putting a lot of care into what you serve and then taking the time to savor it. If you’re still searching for a holiday home base, only a few accommodations remain at The Ranch.
We hope you’ll enjoy these delicious recipes and use them to channel a country Christmas wherever you celebrate this year. Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Holidays!
Eat Sweet Cream Biscuits
Sweet Cream Biscuits with Marmalade by Executive Chef Josh Drage
Drink a Yule Mule
Our new favorite drink is the Yule Mule—a holiday twist on the classic Moscow Mule. For the kids, we’ve also included a great way to doctor your hot cocoa mix into a Montana glamper’s fireside treat.
S’mores Hot Chocolate
Ghirardelli hot chocolate mix
Lifeline Farms organic milk
- Melt several ounces of decadent chocolate on the stovetop or in the microwave.
- Crush one graham cracker and put it on a small plate.
- Dip the rim of your hot cocoa mug into the bowl of chocolate. Then, roll the rim in the crushed graham cracker pieces.
- Heat Ghirardelli hot chocolate mix with organic milk according to package directions.
- While the milk or water is heating, roast a marshmallow in the fireplace or in the oven under the broiler. Be sure to turn them often for an even color.
- Pour cocoa into your coated mug and top with a roasted marshmallow. Enjoy immediately!
Most of our Ranch staff truly believes this is the most wonderful time of year. Fresh snow means plenty of time on the slopes and on the skating pond. Our holiday party will include skating, hockey and plenty of delicious food.
We hope you’ll come celebrate the snow with us this year. We have several specials that can help you make the most out of the winter months. But if winter travel isn’t in your future, pull up this picture of a snowy landscape on your computer screen, pinch your cheeks to get that snow-kissed look and enjoy a drink and a biscuit. Imagine the sun setting over the Sapphire Mountains as you sit by the fire, and you’ll know what it is to be a Holly Rancher. Happy Holidays!
Join the Ranch celebration by following us on Instagram, using the hashtags #hollyrancher and #yulemule. Enjoy other recipes from the Blog at Rock Creek, including Winter Warmers and New Year’s Cocktails. For more information on entertaining Ranch-style, pick up a copy of Relais & Châteaux’s new book, The Art of Entertaining.( The Ranch’s Winter Wilderness Celebration is featured!)