Our on-Ranch offerings are more than enough adventure for most guests. However, we also offer specialty activities for guests who want to go a little further afield at an additional cost. All of our optional excursions are planned with The Ranch’s signature attention to detail and quality. Additional safety precautions are necessary to ensure safety during this time. Please read our Rod & Gun frequently asked questions and inquire with your Ranch Ambassador.
It’s never too cold to go fishing in Montana. In fact, when the ice freezes, you can enjoy ice fishing from the comfort of a hut. These small structures are fitted with chairs, a propane heater, blankets, hot beverages and toddies, as well as all the fishing gear you need. Enjoy new vistas from a high-mountain lake set against the Pintler, Sapphire and Flint ranges, while you fish for Rainbow trout, Brook trout and Kokanee salmon. While you’re waiting for the fish to bite, guides will employ sonar and fish cameras to see what’s going on under the ice.
- Available after the first hard freeze until March 31.
- $375.00 for up to 3 people and $50.00 per additional guest.
- All equipment provided.
- Guests are encouraged to wear warm clothes.
Experience Western Montana’s scenic waterways with a guided private full float trip. Enjoy a fishing float on Rock Creek in the spring, or explore more Montana waterways with an off-Ranch fishing excursion. We provide full-day float trips to the Bitterroot, Blackfoot and upper Clark Fork rivers. Fishing rafts accommodate two guests and one guide, with guides required on all floats.
A scenic float trip is a fantastic option for guests simply wanting to experience pristine Montana scenery and view wildlife. A scenic float can accommodate three guests and one guide per raft.
- Fishing floats require a fishing license and must take place before July 1 on Rock Creek
- Full-day fishing floats are $650 per boat with two-person maximum and include lunch and beverages
- Scenic floats on Rock Creek (before July 1) are $550 for a full day with a three-person maximum
- Off-site floats are offered late spring through fall on the Bitterroot, Blackfoot and Upper Clark Fork rivers
Take an exhilarating ride back in time to Gold Country, Montana’s pioneer past. This ATV adventure tour includes sweeping views of Philipsburg’s mountain ranges and valleys, but also delves into the historic town’s storied mining days between 1865 to 1900. Montana’s dry air has preserved many of the old buildings, ghost towns, and mines.
- $375 per person.
- 11-person maximum for seven all-terrain vehicles (four doubles and three singles).
- Drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
- A cancellation fee of $175 may apply if a guest cancels within 24 hours of excursions.
Adventure awaits on our new hiking and advanced horseback riding adventures to high-mountain lakes in the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest. This exclusive excursion is available as a full-day activity, complete with The Ranch’s gear, seasoned guides and provisions. Hike to Fuse Lake, an angler’s dream thanks to its aquatic residents, Arctic Grayling – the only fish species to inhabit these waters. Even further afield lies Twin Lakes, home to Rainbow and Cutbow Trout.
- Excursion cost is:
- $125/person for full-day hiking excursion to Fuse Lake.
- $350/person for a full-day horseback riding or hiking excursion to Twin Lakes.
- $100 additional fee to add fly fishing to either excursion, plus fishing license if applicable.
- Horseback excursions:
- Advanced riders over age 18 only.
- Four guests max.
- Available July and August.
- Includes lunch, provisions, guiding and gear.
- Ranch outfitters are currently the only permitted outfitter.
- Montana Outfitter #31522.
- These excursions are operated under a special use permit with the Beaverhead-Deerlodge National Forest, an equal opportunity provider.