Candace Sellman has been a full time esthetician and massage therapist for more than 10 years, attaining her education at the Aveda Institute Minneapolis. She has since worked in luxury spas in Miami, Florida.
Practicing massage and skin care, she developed an affinity for understanding how lifestyle choices and environment benefit the body.
Candace is also a CrossFit Level 1 Trainer and has taught many people of all skill levels how to perform various functional movements, gymnastics, and Olympic weightlifting for fitness.
Marathon and CrossFit competitions have enhanced her knowledge of the body and spurred her on to pursue continuing education in sports massage and other modalities that work towards correcting imbalances that cause discomforts.
When Mary began her yoga practice in 2006, she found it to be a great way to exercise and stretch. As her practice evolved, she learned that yoga offers benefits not only to the physical body, but it also enables emotional, mental and spiritual wellness, providing whole body health.
The urge to explore this practice deeper led her to True Nature Healing Arts in Carbondale, CO where she completed her 200-hour Integrative Yoga Therapy Instructor course. As a yoga therapist, Mary wishes to empower people with their own health and wellness through the cultivation of greater self-awareness.
The asana format of her classes is energetic and largely based on requests and needs of the students. She encourages a mindful practice that her fellow yogis can take with them off the mat and apply to everyday life.
Spa Hours & Etiquette
- Spa Hours & Reservations
- Sanitization Procedures
- Summer spa hours are 10am to 7pm for treatments and 7am to 7pm for mind & body services.
- Spring, fall and winter spa hours are 10am to 6pm.
- Treatments outside of standard hours are available upon request. An extra fee of 20% will be added at time of service for appointments outside spa hours.
- All appointments require advanced booking. If you have not made an appointment prior to your arrival, we recommend you contact the spa as soon as possible to ensure we have availability during your stay.
- When scheduling spa treatments, please inform us of any health conditions you have so we may better serve you.
- Our staff aspires to create a courteous and calm environment for our guests. We thank you for supporting this important mission.
- As a courtesy to our guests and due to limited availability, we require a minimum of eight hours notice for cancellation of treatments, classes or practices. Guests who are unable to join us for their scheduled appointment will be charged the full listed price.
- Should you or anyone in your party experience any symptoms of illness or fever, spa appointments will be cancelled with no penalty.
- Please arrive 15 minutes prior to your scheduled appointment.
- We ask that all guests shower prior to receiving treatments. Please let us know your preference.
- If you choose to shower at the The Spa at Rock Creek or enjoy our dry cedar sauna to warm up your muscles before your treatment, please arrive at least 20 minutes prior to your start time.
- If you choose to shower in your accommodation, we will prepare a spa basket to be sent to you with your robe and slippers.
- We ask that all staff and guests wash their hands upon entering the Spa, and throughout their stay.
- We recommend that you limit your alcohol consumption prior to your spa experience.
- Our staff aspires to create a courteous and calm environment for our guests and employees. We thank you for supporting this important mission.
- Late arrivals will conclude at the scheduled time in order to maintain the highest level of service standards for each guest. Complete service fees still apply for late arrivals.
- A gratuity of 20% will be automatically added to all treatments.
- Masks and face shields will be worn by staff.
- There will only be two treatments at a time inside The Spa at Rock Creek.
- There is no additional charge for in room treatment. Three in-room treatments are available.
- Our spa will be for exclusive private use of the spa patrons. No one outside of the family/party will be allowed inside the spa.
- Guests will be sent a cleansing ritual to use before treatments. Guests will have the option to shower in their accommodation or in the the spa. If guests choose to shower in their rooms, we will send a spa robe and slippers to their accommodation.
- Treatment rooms will also have rest time between use.